Individual Bankruptcy Lawyer in Westchester County
Let Us Help You Regain Control of Your Financial Future Serving the Southern & Eastern Districts of New York
Although there are many myths surrounding the bankruptcy process, it can actually be a helpful tool for debtors to find financial relief. U.S. bankruptcy laws enable a debtor to seek different methods of eliminating debt and getting their finances back on track.
At Bronson Law Offices, P.C., Attorney Bruce Bronson can assist you with pursuing an efficient solution to debt-relief. We are here to help you determine the best option for your specific situation. If you are seriously considering bankruptcy, we encourage you to read through our website to learn more about the process and how it could benefit your case.
Bankruptcy is not the only option for consumers seeking to get a fresh financial start and put debt behind them. Our firm can help you pursue anything from debt negotiation to collection defense. Whatever the case, you can count on us to provide insightful support and legal counsel. Conquering your debt can seem like an uphill battle, but the good news is that our firm is here to guide you through the process. No matter what you may be facing, we may be able to help you achieve the lasting financial freedom you deserve.
How Long Does it Take to Complete the Bankruptcy Process?
Here is a summary of the bankruptcy timeline:
- The bankruptcy process begins when you file your petition. In order to file, you will need to complete credit counseling.
- Once you file your bankruptcy petition, all of your creditors will be notified that they must immediately cease all collection efforts against you. This will include an automatic stay on foreclosure or any debt collection lawsuits.
- The next step will be to file all information regarding your assets, income, debt, and expenses with the court. You must do this within 15 days of your petition. If you are filing a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you will also need to include your proposed repayment schedule.
- You will then need to file a statement of intent regarding certain debts and assets, such as whether you would like to keep your car or maintain other debt.
- You will need to attend a meeting of creditors within 45 days of the date you filed your petition. At this meeting, you will need to be present to testify regarding the accuracy of your bankruptcy petition.
- The final step is the discharge of all eligible debt. For a Chapter 7 bankruptcy, debt is generally discharged within 4 to 6 months of the filing. For a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, the discharge will not take place until the successful completion of the repayment plan, which can last 3 to 5 years from when the petition was filed.
Why Should I Work With a Bankruptcy Lawyer?
Working with you to file your bankruptcy petition is one of the first parts of the legal counsel that we at the Bronson Law Offices, P.C. will provide. We will also help you make the right decision about filing your petition in the first place and can assist you in determining eligibility for Chapter 7 or deciding whether Chapter 13 might be the better option for you.
In addition to ensuring that you can properly file for bankruptcy in Westchester County, our dedicated lawyers will also actively work to protect your interests and legal rights throughout the entire process. Our main concern will be to help you experience the full force of all the benefits that this form of debt relief offers. Although the specific process might vary, there are many ways that an experienced bankruptcy attorney at our Westchester County law firm can assist you. We can also help to familiarize you with what to expect in the coming weeks and months.
Get Started on Your Bankruptcy Case Today
At Bronson Law Offices, P.C., we care for our clients and always offer exceptional legal advice and effective representation in all matters, from bankruptcy to credit restoration. Let us assist you through this difficult time as you make your way to a fresh financial start!
Find out more about how we can help you file. Please call (914) 827-5238 to speak to a Westchester County bankruptcy lawyer at our firm. We proudly serve the greater parts of Rockland, Harrison, the Bronx, and NYC. Schedule your consultation today!
Amazing Legal Team
Attorney Bronson and his team are compassionate, professional and communicate in a way that makes any complicated legal process easy to understand.
Service Available in Spanish
Working with clients in the language that makes them feel the most comfortable.
Smoothly consulting and navigating clients through Bankruptcy, Debt Relief, Creditor Harassment, Foreclosure, or Tax issues.
Specializing in Businesses
Highly experienced in navigating the complicated process of Business Bankruptcy, Corporate Restructuring & Asset Protection.