Life After Bankruptcy in Westchester County
What to Expect After Filing for Bankruptcy
filing for bankruptcy, you will have the fresh start you need. You will also have a few challenges
to face, but these can be met and overcome if you take the right approach.
A knowledgeable Westchester County bankruptcy lawyer at our offices can
talk to you about your options in rebuilding your life and credit after a
Chapter 7 or
Chapter 13 bankruptcy in the
Westchester County area. We represent debtors in
White Plains and throughout the surrounding areas.
Although the correct approach will vary depending on your unique situation,
following are some helpful tips to keep in mind to face life after bankruptcy.
- Try to eliminate any unnecessary or frivolous expenses.
- Start setting aside money every month, every week or as often as you can
into a savings account.
- If you were able to keep your home, make sure you remain current on your
- Consider applying for a secured credit card, but limit your spending on
this card and pay it off every month.
- Closely monitor your credit report to keep an eye on your progress.
- Be careful with any money you put on new credit cards, and pay these off
every month or as soon as possible.
- Take care to ensure you pay all of your bills on time, and do not take
on any new expenses that you cannot afford.
Rebuilding Your Life After Bankruptcy
Just like many other
bankruptcy myths, there is a common misconception that it will be difficult or impossible
to recover and
rebuild your credit after
bankruptcy. Instead of giving up hope, talk to a professional about your particular
options and see what you can do to rebuild.